Searching through cookbooks, leafing through food magazines and trolling through food blogs proves one fact over and over again: Cooks love making recipes with chicken.
While the boneless chicken breast seems to be the star in most recipes, the whole bird cannot be ignored. There’s nothing quite like a juicy hen, perfuming the whole house, to get the salivating started.
This whole roasted chicken recipe is like a butter infused invitation to belly up to the Sunday dinner table. But it’s so easy you could totally make it any day of the week.
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut in 8 pieces
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and each cut into 4 pieces
- 2 potatoes, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 4 ribs celery, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 pkg. herb-with-garlic dry soup mix
- 10¾-oz. can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
1.Place onions on bottom of slow cooker. Place chicken on top.
2. Add carrots, potatoes, and celery. Sprinkle dry soup mix over all.
3. Spread mushroom soup over top.