Your face skin is like a mirror for your life. If it’s clear and healthy, it means that you have a healthy lifestyle. Face masks help to instantly refresh your skin and brighten it, so once a week treat your skin with a face mask to make it look younger.
So here are 5 recipes that will help you have beautiful and clear skin :
1. Oatmeal Honey Face Scrub:
One of my favorite homemade facial scrub recipes is so simple but OH SO GOOD! There are only 3 ingredients and you may already have them: oatmeal, honey and almond oil (or coconut oil or olive oil). These ingredients have wonderful healing qualities.
I usually put the scrub on my face, give a quick rub around to make sure it’s covering everything, leave on for 4-5 minutes and then give one last good scrub before I wash it off. Your face will feel so amazing after you’ll want to do this everyday. This scrub is particularly great during the cold winter months when skin tends to get dry and irritated.
- Two parts oatmeal (ground up finely in a blender or food processor)
- One part honey
- One part sweet almond oil (or coconut or olive oil – which ever you prefer)
- Mix everything together until it’s a thick sticky mixture.
- Feel free to add a little extra oil or even a few drops of water if it’s too sticky or clumpy.
- Smooth onto face and rub into skin for a couple of minutes and then rinse off.
2. Turmeric Face Mask:
Turmeric mask works for acne and eczema. It reduces inflammation and redness, and promotes skin healing. Due to turmeric’s antioxidant properties, it has been used for skin rejuvenation.
- One teaspoon of Tumeric
- One teaspoon of raw organic honey
- One teaspoon of Milk
- Put Turmeric into a little bowl, add Honey, then add milk or yogurt.
- You can adjust the amountof milk to make the past more or less thick, but make sure it’s a firm past that will stick to your face.
- Tumric is a dye and it can stain anything , so you don’t want it dripping off your face.
3.DIY EDIBLE “MUD” MASK:
This delicious, edible mud mask obviously isn’t made of real mud, but it works nonetheless! This last weekend I wanted to experiment with a DIY facial mask, so I did a little research on what kinds of ingredients would be good for such a thing.
I was thrilled when I tried this and it actually worked! When the edible mud mask dries, it leaves your skin feeling just like the store-bought masks. But unlike store bought masks, you can eat the leftovers! My edible mud mask tasted something like a chocolate banana smoothie.
- 2-3 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. buttermilk
- ¼-1/2 of a banana, mashed
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Mask should be thick enough such that it does not run down your face. Always test the mask on a small portion of the skin to test for allergic reactions.
- If allergy-free, apply a layer of the mask to your face and allow it to sit for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off mask with cool water, followed by a splash of cold water to close your pores.
4.DIY Acne Mask:
If blackheads and blemishes are getting you down, this simple DIY acne mask recipe that includes just two ingredients is for you! This fabulous homemade acne face mask recipe will unclog your pores as well as draw impurities out of your skin!
This simple DIY acne mask is listed on the bentonite clay bottle, and I have to admit that was a little unsure about it—I mean, apple cider vinegar on my face? But, I really wanted to find an easy way to combat breakouts so I gave this DIY acne face mask a try and wasn’t disappointed!
- 2 tablespoons bentonite clay
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix bentonite clay and apple cider vinegar until well blended. Mask will be thick.
- Apply to face avoiding eye area and allow to dry for 10-20 minutes.
- Lean toward the shorter timeframe if you have sensitive skin.
5.Amazing Miracle Mask:
If your skin is stressed out, you will begin to notice that it looks tired and maybe even a bit red and puffy. A great way to relax stressed skin and give it a healthier glow is to use a mask that is designed to release stress and reduce swelling.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Mix the ingredients together until they form a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to your face using a circular upward motion and allow it to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water and gently scrub in a circular motion while doing so to get the exfoliating effects.
- Follow up with a moisturizer or whatever you typically use after your beauty masks.