If you’ve never had Frozen Hot Chocolate, you’re missing out. This frosty, freezy-cool drink is icy and utterly delicious, creamy and chocolaty, and tastes just like rich milk chocolate cocoa but frozen. It’s so scrumptious! And topped with whipped cream and a generous drizzle of glossy chocolate syrup, it’s our new favorite way to cool down and beat the heat.
This stuff is seriously divine and really elevates the rich, warm chocolate flavor in these drinks
- 2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 3 cups ice
- 3 (.75-1 oz) pkgs hot cocoa packets (depending on the brand, they vary in ounces. Look for this range, which is typical for powdered hot cocoa packets)
- 2 tsp Nielsen-Massey Pure Chocolate Extract
- 1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract or Tahitian Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- In a large blender, blend together the milk, ice, hot cocoa packets, chocolate and vanilla extracts on high speed until blended and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour into two tall Mason jars or glasses and garnish with fresh whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Likewise, you can also drizzle your glasses with chocolate syrup before pouring the hot chocolate into the glass for extra pizzazz and flavor.
- Drink up!