When you’re trying to lose weight, burn fat and tone up your body, exercising and eating healthier are two of the best strategies and proven ways to drop pounds.—And it doesn’t matter if you’re trying “to lose 5 pounds in a week” or 10 pounds in a month.
The same strategies apply.
Losing weight is all about energy balance—”calories in”, and “calories out”.
For example, if you want to lose 1 pound of fat a week, you’ll need to burn about 3,500 calories to reach your goal weight.
The safer way of reaching your weight goal is reducing your calorie intake and increasing your level of activity throughout the week.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your side. Bend over and touch the floor with both hands in front of your feet. Keeping your legs straight and your abs tight, walk your hands forward as far as you can without letting your hips drop.
- Pause, then slowly walk your feet toward your hands. That’s one rep. Do 10 reps.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands on your hips. Step forward with your right leg and slowly lower your body until your right knee is bent at least 90 degrees, and your left knee nearly touches the floor.
- Pause, then push back to the starting position and repeat with your left leg. Do 10 reps/ per side.
- Lying face up on ground with arms to side, knees bent, and heels on ground. Contract your glutes and lift your hips off the floor, pushing with your heels, so your body creates a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
- Squeeze your glutes and abs, hold for two seconds, then take three seconds to slowly lower yourself back to the floor to the starting position. Do 15 reps
Cross Body Mountain Climbers
- Get down into a plank position with your arms and legs straight, shoulders above your wrists.
- Contract your abs to pick up your right foot and slowly bring your right knee toward your left shoulder.
- Return to the starting position. Alternate legs until you complete 15 reps/ per side.